SAVE THIS RECIPE!!! Chicken Parm Soup 🍲 Comfort in a bowl!
This soup is hearty, healthy, and delicious. It takes no time at all, it feeds a crowd, AND it tastes like my favorite meal - chicken parm without all the fuss of breading and frying. You pour all the ingredients in a crock pot, set it and forget it.
I do all my grocery shopping online at @walmart - I love that they have high quality food, and I save time and money…all while putting a great meal on the table for my family. #ad #walmart #walmartpartner #walmartgrocery #walmartdeals
I serve this soup with the Marketside garlic knots from @Walmart. They are delicious and so easy.
- 6-8 Chicken Breasts
- 1 yellow onion – chopped
- 6 garlic cloves – chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flake and more to taste
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can pureed san marzano tomatoes (32 oz)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 large boxes of chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup acini di pepe (you can use whatever pasta you want here!)
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesean (to top with)
- Fresh basil & Italian parsley (for garnish)
- Fresh Ricotta (if you want to make it a little more decadent)
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot
- Add the garlic, onion, oregano, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flake, salt, diced tomatoes, pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken stock all into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Put the chicken back in the soup and add in the acini de pepe (the small pasta), add salt if needed, cook on low for another hour.
- Right before you are ready to serve, melt 4 tbsp of butter in a pan, add in the breadcrumbs, and toast them.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with breadcrumbs, parmesan, ricotta, and fresh basil! Enjoy!